20/04/2012

FRIDAY FLAVOURS

Every Friday, or possibly another day (it's a surprise),  I'll be posting up a couple of tracks that have stopped me in my tracks and have been played to death on my playlist's.  Today is a bit of a house tinged selection.

First up the Disclosure remix of Jessie Ware's new single Running has been causing a storm.  The original, produced by Julio Bashmore, is a deep, dark affair with excellent production and vocals from Ware.  This remix however (currently released on 12'' via PMR records), ups the energy with a deep house vibe, and instantly gets heads nodding as Ware's vocals are chopped and caressed in equal measure.  I wasn't too familiar with Disclosure, but they have some seriously good productions under their belt and have an effortlessly cool sound.





Next up, I can't get enough of the MK remix of Storm Queen's 2010 top-seller Look Right Through.  This was released in Feb on Defected records as part of a second instalment of releases of this track, which also features Dimitri from Paris and Aeroplane.  It's the MK (aka house legend Marc Kinchen) that really hits the right notes with me though with it's old school sound.


And just one more for the road, Mark Knight's latest installment on his Toolroom records Alright, is also tinged with an old school feel and is pure dance-floor magic!